Ask The Tax Expert

Finding your Jurisdiction Code

Question: Hi.  What should be the Ward/Circle Number while filling up the ITR 1 form? The Income Tax website says that it should be the one where you submit your returns. But what if I am submitting returns online? Also, if I am in Delhi and PAN was made in some other city, what will be my area of jurisdiction to find out the ward/circle number? Thanks.


Answer: You may find out Assessing Officer (AO) code with the help of your nearest IT PAN Service Center or TIN Facilitation Center or jurisdictional Income Tax Office. You may also click on the following link to view it online:



You  will need to enter your PAN number in order to view your jurisdiction code.


Warm Regards,

Expert @ TaxYogi

Published Aug 03 2010




kumaraswamy.s said:

still i am not understood from your answer. the jurisdiction of the pan is as per the place of issue and the return is filled at a place where you are working. in this case what should be the ward/circle. do this has any relation to the first letter of the corporate companies name in a city of working.

August 26, 2010 10:34 AM

Saravanan said:

how to find my area jurisdiction code? and wat s my jurisdictional code?

(Kattumannar koil,Cuddalore-Dt,Tamilnadu). rly me

July 7, 2011 3:40 AM

Control Panel
Admin Console