Yogi Zone

Useful articles for your finance management by our team of experts

hra deduction when living with parents

0 Flares 0 Flares ×


Hi – out of my salary 15K goes in HRA, as I m living with my parents so can i give them rent & give rent receipt on this basis……..also my mother is housewife, so does she need to file ITR on this basis……as getting rent from me (15K x 12 months = Rs. 1.8L)????



You can claim HRA deduction while residing with your parents as long as your parents own the property and you are paying rent to them.

Yes, your mother would have to show the rental income in her ITR. However, if her total taxable income is less than INR 2 lakhs p.a., then she need not file her ITR.

0 Flares Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Twitter 0 Email -- 0 Flares ×