There are many ways to invest in Mutual Fund schemes:
1. Through an agent or distributor: The conventional method of buying and redeeming your MF investments. In the entry load era the distributors and Independent Financial Advisors use to chase clients for MF investments but now things have cooled down. If you know a good and trusted advisor, it remains the best way to invest.
2. Online Mutual Fund investment companies: There are many niche online companies which facilitate your MF investments along with many value added services.
3. Through the fund house directly: You can visit their respective websites, download the form, fill it up and send along with necessary documents. The list of AMCs is as follows. Just click and start investing:
- Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company Ltd.
- Fidelity Fund Management Pvt. Ltd.
- HDFC Asset Management Co. Ltd.
- HSBC Asset Management (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- ICICI Prudential Asset Mgmt.Co. Ltd.
- Kotak Mahindra Asset Mgmt Co. Ltd.
- Mirae Asset Global Investment Mgmt (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Quantum Asset Mgmt Co. Pvt. Ltd.
- Reliance Capital Asset Management Ltd.
- Religare Asset Management Company Ltd.
- SBI Funds Management Private Ltd.
- UTI Asset Mgmt Company Pvt. Ltd.
4. Online through your stock broker: You need a brokerage account, a demat account and a bank account for this. The KYC formality is avoided since it is assumed to be done at the time of opening demat account. One of the limitations is that all schemes will not be listed at NSE/BSE for you to transact. However most equity funds are expected to be there.
NAV during the day
All the orders are consolidated and sent to the fund house. The cut off of 3 pm. remains. So if your order gets executed after 3 pm, you will get only the next day’s NAV. Any order placed before the cut-off time of 3 pm will have same NAV that is declared later in the day. There will be no fluctuation during the day.
5. Contact us at email@example.com or by filling up the form at Mutual Fund home page and our Investment Planning team will take care of the rest.
For details on latest top mutual funds, please click here