Have you tried our Free Financial Planner yet? Have you tried our improved Calculators yet? Check out our new Insurance Tutorial Check out our new Investment Tutorial

Advice Investment Plan

Last post 01-28-2013 1:48 AM by alishakapoor491. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-30-2012 1:47 PM

• smartdeep
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Advice Investment Plan

I am single, working and 29yrs new investor, decided to do below investment. I am okay with lumpsum investment part. Just want your expert advice on the SIP investment part for below:- 

Lumpsum Investments :  6.5lacs
    1.    SBI Dynamic Bond – 2 Lacs.
    2.    Birla SunLife MIP II Savings 5.- 2 Lacs.
    3.    IDFC SSI Medium-Term Plan A- 1 Lacs.
    4.    Reliance Liquid Cash–  70k.  
    5.    L& T Select Income- Flexi Debt Ret.-   80k

Tax Planning – ELSS Funds- 4K p.m
    1.    ICICI Prudential Tax Plan – 2k p.m. 
    2.    Canara Robeco Equity Tax Plan- 2K p.m.  

Large Cap/ Blue-Chip Funds- 10 K p.m.
    1.    ICICI Prudential Focused Blue-Chip Fund.- 4K p.m
    2.    UTI Opportunities  Fund.- 3K p.m 
    3.    DSPBR Top 100 Fund- 3 K p.m.

Mid-Small  Cap Funds.- 4 K p.m

1.    ICICI Prudential Discovery Fund- 2 K p.m.
    2.    BSL Dividend Yield Plus- 2 K p.m

Retirement Fund- 5 K p.m ( Dynamic Asset Allocator Fund ).
    1.    Tata Retirement Savings Regular Fund – Progressive.  

Balanced Fund- 4 K p.m
    1.    HDFC Prudence Fund.- 4 K p.m

Gold ETF- 2 K p.m
    1.    Kotak Gold ETF- 2 K p.m.  

Kindly suggest ASAP

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE HI /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:Mangal; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-bidi-language:AR-SA;}

• Post Points: 20
  • 05-31-2012 2:26 AM In reply to

Re: Advice Investment Plan

you have invested in top schemes. You need to map the investments to your future goals. Also, if these are your only investments then you have invested heaviliy into equity. You need to also consider fixed income products like bank deposits and short-term bond funds.
    • Post Points: 35
  • 05-31-2012 9:04 AM In reply to

• smartdeep
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2012
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Thanks for the reply. It seems current plan to invest in various SIPs of fund okay?

These are not my investments instead these are my plans for investment to execute this month of June. There were some 6.5lac lumpsum investment plan only into Fixed Income/Debt and rest future SIPs were into mostly Equity. Also I am putting 10-20k in PPF & 35k in LIC per year. Is all that not enough or do I still need to change current SIP investment plan also.

• Post Points: 20
  • 06-04-2012 1:07 AM In reply to

that is a relevant question and the answer to your question depends upon the time period of your investment and your future goals and your risk appetite.

You can use this FREE tool to figure out the amount of investments you need to make: http://www.investmentyogi.com/FinancialPlans/home.aspx

• Post Points: 5
  • 01-28-2013 1:48 AM In reply to

I completely agree with priyac21, you have invested to heavily in equity. Depending on your future investment prospects you should also consider in fixed income investment plans such as short-term bonds and regular income plans 

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Control Panel
Admin Console