Have you tried our Free Financial Planner yet? Have you tried our improved Calculators yet? Check out our new Insurance Tutorial Check out our new Investment Tutorial

investment for NRI

Last post 02-06-2013 2:28 AM by arpita.s. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-17-2012 8:23 AM

investment for NRI

Hi all I am a new member of this forum I wanted to know is investing in mutual fund in India a good option for NRI.
    • Post Points: 80
  • 05-21-2012 1:46 AM In reply to

Re: investment for NRI

If you are a US based NRI, then it is not a good idea for US tax reasons.
    • Post Points: 5
  • 05-28-2012 5:25 AM In reply to

Hi,

I firmly believe that investing in mutual funds is a good option for NRIs. Infact many of my successful NRI clients do vouch for it as it is a very simple process and probably a one time hassle.

It all depends upon your financial goals and what you are looking out for.

Regards

BanyanFA

www.banyanfa.com

• 06-28-2012 5:18 AM In reply to

• abhsri
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-28-2012
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

The best option for investments, if you are looking for long terms as in more than 3 years are the diversified equity funds (through SIPs) serves the best results. Investment opportunities available are manifold for best advice's http://on.fb.me/MX9J1Z
  • 07-30-2012 2:33 AM In reply to

I have always felt that investing for an NRI is a wonderful option.  An investments for a NRI, I would recommend Birla Sun life mutual funds. Many of my NRI friends have invested with them, and are all praises about them. Try it out once!

• 02-06-2013 2:28 AM In reply to

• arpita.s
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-16-2013
    • Posts 6
    • Points 45

Yes, personally speaking investing in mutual funds in India is a really good option. In fact, in India there are some special NRI investment options as well. My cousin who resides in Bahrain invests a part of her income through the NRI services of DBS Bank India. I will recommend you to have a look at the options available with the bank.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Control Panel
Admin Console