investment for NRI

Last post 02-06-2013 2:28 AM by arpita.s. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-17-2012 8:23 AM

investment for NRI

Hi all I am a new member of this forum I wanted to know is investing in mutual fund in India a good option for NRI.
    • Post Points: 80
  • 05-21-2012 1:46 AM In reply to

Re: investment for NRI

If you are a US based NRI, then it is not a good idea for US tax reasons.
    • Post Points: 5
  • 05-28-2012 5:25 AM In reply to

Hi,

I firmly believe that investing in mutual funds is a good option for NRIs. Infact many of my successful NRI clients do vouch for it as it is a very simple process and probably a one time hassle.

It all depends upon your financial goals and what you are looking out for.

Regards

BanyanFA

www.banyanfa.com

• 06-28-2012 5:18 AM In reply to

• abhsri
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-28-2012
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

The best option for investments, if you are looking for long terms as in more than 3 years are the diversified equity funds (through SIPs) serves the best results. Investment opportunities available are manifold for best advice's http://on.fb.me/MX9J1Z
  • 07-30-2012 2:33 AM In reply to

I have always felt that investing for an NRI is a wonderful option.  An investments for a NRI, I would recommend Birla Sun life mutual funds. Many of my NRI friends have invested with them, and are all praises about them. Try it out once!

• 02-06-2013 2:28 AM In reply to

• arpita.s
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-16-2013
    • Posts 6
    • Points 45

Yes, personally speaking investing in mutual funds in India is a really good option. In fact, in India there are some special NRI investment options as well. My cousin who resides in Bahrain invests a part of her income through the NRI services of DBS Bank India. I will recommend you to have a look at the options available with the bank.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Control Panel
Admin Console