Last post 07-05-2011 11:54 AM by priyac21. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-05-2011 7:55 AM


    hi i have one query, i was in UK last year for 5 months, i was receiving indian basic and UK allowance from my employer. Do i need to pay tax on that allowance in india. For UK i have received P11D statement. Thanks in advance. Thanks, Chirag
    • Post Points: 20
  • 07-05-2011 11:54 AM In reply to

    Re: Hi...

    @Chirag: the answer to your question will depend upon your residential status, which is Resident Indian. Income paid by way of (living) allowance to an employee in the UK becomes taxable both in India and in the UK. However, since India and UK have a DTAA (double taxation avoidance agreement) in force, India shall tax only the net amount of income not taxed in UK. For the exact amount  of tax payable in India, you may get in touch with your employer HR department.

    • Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Control Panel
Admin Console