Railway budget 2014 has been announced. Everyone seems to be excited about it. But, what’s in store for a common man? It’s difficult to read the entire budget speech of the honorable Railway Minister. This is exactly why we have compiled the top 15 highlights that a common man would like to know from this speech. Here are these:
- Cleanliness and safety have been given the priority over everything else. There will be CCTVs, help lines to ensure safety and cleanliness at major stations.
- Ready to eat meals from major brands will be available for the passengers.
- Food courts and RO drinking water to be set up at all major stations.
- Quality of food will be given utmost importance and strict action will be taken on vendors who compromise on the quality.
- Automatic closing doors will be implemented for different coaches.
- Bullet train to be introduced between Mumbai and Ahmedabad.
- Bio toilets will be developed in trains.
- Ticket booking will be aided through mobiles and post offices. Online reservation system will be revamped.
- Lady Coaches will be escorted by RPF women constables. Additional care will be taken towards safety of women travelling alone.
- Diamond quadrilateral to be implemented for high speed trains.
- Speeds of trains in 9 sectors will be increased to 160-200 kph.
- Skill development will be encouraged through introduction of Railway University for technical and non-technical subjects.
- PPP (Public Private Partnership) route will be opted for future projects.
- Wifi facility for A1 and A category stations.
- For better maintenance of stations, corporate companies will be encouraged to adopt stations.
What do you think of this Railway Budget 2014? Please leave your comments/suggestions.